Wednesday, August 12, 2015

How to Treat Melasma

 Melasma is a difficult form of hyperpigmentation treat. The factors that trigger melasma, such as hormones, sun exposure and genetics, are a part of life and as such, difficult to control. Once melasma is triggered, the smallest amount of UV exposure or hormonal change is enough to cause melasma to darken, or even return after successful treatment.

Due to it's stubborn nature, Melasma is treated slightly differently than hyperpigmentation from sun damage or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. The three types of melasma (dermal, epidermal and mixed) all respond to treatment differently.

The three factors in treating all melasma cases are:

  • The right professional treatment option, ie: laser, Ipl Photofacial 

                                                    •Skin Lightening Creams
                                                    •Sun Protection
                                                    •Time 


Skin Lightening Creams - The most effective treatments for melasma are lightening, or bleaching creams.  Lightening creams, or bleaching creams work to increase cell turnover and inhibit melanin production. When using lightening creams, the skin will peel and start to slough of the dead skin for a brighter, more even skin tone. One of the most effective lightening agents is hydroquinone, a bleaching agent that is available at concentrations up to 2% over the counter and concentrations much higher with prescription. Hydroquinone doesn't actually bleach the skin, but slows down or stops the overproduction of melanin. Other effective lightening agents are Azelaic acid, Kojic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acids, and Tretinoin. For more information on Skin Lightening Creams & Treatment visit here.

Other treatment options include exfoliation. Both physical and chemical exfoliation can help reduce the appearance of melasma. Microdermabrasion and chemical peels both exfoliate the skin to increase cell turnover and speed the transit of dark pigmentation out of the skin. Chemical peels initiate the process of removing the first few layers of skin - improving overall texture and skin clarity while helping lift dark patches in the skin. Exfoliation also helps prep the skin for skin lightening treatments and allows products to absorb better. Microdermabrasion and chemical peels must be performed by a professional. If the skin reacts poorly to treatment, the melasma could darken.

Sun Protection - As with all skin lightening treatments, diligent sun protection use is a must. Sun exposure will cause melasma to worsen and cause faded cases of melasma to return. This is because melanocytes, the cells responsible for pigmentation, are stimulated by even the smallest amount of UV exposure. This is why melasma often gets worse during the summer, and why people tend to have recurring cases of melasma. Skin lighteners can also increase skin sensitivity and cause it to burn more easily. Sun protection is necessary to start the fading process and to keep the melasma from returning.

Time - Melasma treatment requires commitment. Sun protection and lightening products need to be used faithfully to see results. Melasma pigmentation forms gradually and it fades as such, so it may take months to completely fade. It's important not to over-treat melasma or cause unnecessary irritation, as inflammation can stimulate melanin production and worsen the existing melasma.

Melasma can be difficult to treat because the discoloration is generally caused by a underlying hormonal imbalance. Without treating the imbalance, the pigmentation will keep returning. In some cases, melasma will fade on its own - generally after the hormonal imbalance has been restored. For example, pregnancy induced melasma generally clears up several months after delivery.

1 comment:

  1. I’m here to testify about what Dr James did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 4 years and had constant pain and itching, especially in my private part. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be cured someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and I have used Oregano oil, Coconut oil, Acyclovir, Valacyclovir, Famciclovir, and some other products and it really helped during my outbreaks but I totally got cured! from my HSV with a strong and active herbal medicine ordered from Dr James herbal mix and it completely fought the virus from my nervous system and I was tested negative after 15 days of using Dr James herbal medicine. I'm here to let y'all know that herpes virus has a complete cure, I got rid of mine with the help of Dr James herbal medicine. I came across a testimony of Kasha, on the internet testifying about Dr James , on how he cured Him from 7 years HSV 2. And He also gave the email address of this man... [drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com]..., advising anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help with, so I emailed him telling him about my (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I'm going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him. I have faith he can cure me too,, Dr James prepared and sent me his herbal medicine made of roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after 15 days I drank his herbal medicine, I was totally cured. no more itching , pain on me anymore as Dr James assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test. the result came out negative. So friends my advice is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like Melasma, Shingles, HPV, HBV, HIV/AIDS, ALS, HBP, CANCER,NEPHROTIC SYNDROME HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Autism,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis ,Tach Diseases,Lupus,Backache,dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN . , etc. you can contact Dr James directly on his.... [drjamesherbalmix@gamil.com]... He is a good man,and He will help you

    ReplyDelete